Take the first step
Together, anything’s possible
If you’re committed to changing your life for the better, and you live in Mesquite or a nearby community. It Starts With You could be the spark you need to ignite your potential. Apply online today to be considered for the opportunity to work one on one with a mentor.
Apply for Our Mentorship Program
Fill in the form below
· Be flexible; roadmaps sometimes take a detour.
· Respect boundaries and maintain a professional attitude.
· Invite feedback and constructive criticism to keep you on the right track.
· Follow through on commitments by developing time management skills, clarifying your responsibilities, keeping appointments and meeting deadlines.
· Take responsibility for your own choices; your mentor can only point the way. The final decision is yours.
· Resolve differences calmly and professionally.
· Communicate clearly, professionally, and in a timely manner.
· Meet as often as needed with a minimum of three hours per week.
· Prepare for meetings ahead of time, and ask open-ended questions that focus on the things you want to learn more about during your mentoring exchange
· Keep the content of your discussions confidential. All exchanges, both personal and professional, are subject to the expectations of professional confidentiality.
· Help your mentor help you by letting him or her know what specific guidance you need, or what keeps you motivated.
· Be teachable; explore your willingness to learn new things and consider other perspectives.
· Be an active participant.
· Be straightforward, honest, and sincere.
· Stay positive.